Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Holidays: Love-Hate Relationship


I do love this time of year. However, as I have gotten older I have noticed an interesting predicament. Every year people get all excited for the Holidays... time to be with friends & family, time to celebrate, time for cheery holiday music, and most importantly time off work. But I ask you this question... why is it that by mid-December most people are hanging on by a very thin thread?

Is it the money pressure of all the gift giving? Or is it the busy schedule of parties and traveling? Maybe it is ALL that time with family? Or even worse... dread of the Holiday pounds creeping on?

Whatever combination of Holiday related factors it is that turns us into scrooges... I am putting an end to it this year.

Call me a Pollyanna (thanks for the inspiration Hales!) but I have so much to be grateful for in my life that I don't want to spend one minute of this magical time of year in a grump. The second I feel any stress or negativity coming on I am going to fight it off by thinking of all the wonderful things that far out weigh whatever blip in the radar may be bringing me down.

Just some food for thought. And writing it down makes it more of a commitment to myself- so there you have it.

S

P.S.- more frequent posts to come as I have once again decide to re-commit myself to the pleasures of blogging :)

No comments:

Post a Comment